Montreux was a quick trip, but a fun one.
After work on Friday I piled into the car with Jeff and Kristina to set off down the lakeshore. Of course there was traffic, but we had Madonna to keep us busy in the car. The drive along the shore of Lake Geneva is very beautiful, great views south to the French Alps!
We got to Vevey and parked the car there, easier than driving into Montreux with all the people, and took the bus. It didn't take long before we were in the heart of jazz. We went down to the food area and got some "Mexican" food for dinner by the lake. The burrito was full of mediocre guacamole. But, I wasn't expecting much so I wasn't disappointed. Sunset along the lake was gorgeous with a hot air balloon taking off and giving us all a nice show. After dinner and ice cream it was time to go up inside for the show we paid for, a tribute concert to Miriam Makeba.
I had heard some of the songs before, but never knew who it was. The songs were great and the crowd was energetic. Lots of dancing along with the music. We were there until about 1am when Kristina and I took the train back towards Geneva. Everyone else stayed for more music, but we were tired.
2026 Alaska Cruise
5 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment